Thursday, December 8, 2011

Popular Mechanics

"But he would not let go. He felt the baby slipping of of his hands and he pulled back very hard. In this manner, the issue was decided."

Alright, this was creepy and sad. But I did not really understand why we read it. I saw no significance. I know I say that quite a bit, but for this story, it is actually true. So I'm glad that we are going over this one in class. The part I did not like in this story was obviously the ending. I think it is an awful thought to think that two people would be so angry with one another that they tore their own baby apart... literally. I'm sure this is not the first time this has happened. Maybe people haven't actually ripped their baby apart, but I'm sure deaths of small infants have to do with parents who get into angry fights. I honestly don't really know what else to say on this story because I don't see any literary techniques except the lack of quotation marks in the dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment