Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Miss Brill

"She sat there for a long time. the box that the fur came out of was on the bed. She unclasped the necklet quickly: quickly, without looking, laid it inside. But when she put the lid on she thought she heard something crying." p. 186


This one I thought was kind of weird yet sad. I was mainly curious about the ending. I feel like she was a very lonely character. All she had to look forward to, it seems, were Sundays and the cake she got after she went to the park. However, on this particular day things were different. She was made fun of for her furs and was basically called unwanted. So she went home and took off her fur. This part confused me the most - she said that she heard something crying. Was the crying coming from her? Or did she think it was coming from the fur? Because I know that she thought she was talking to the fur earlier and I wasn't sure if she believed that it was alive or something. Other than that, she seems to be a very sad character and this story really did nothing for me. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment