Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hazel Tells LaVerne

"musta come from the sewer
swimmi aroun an tryna ta
climb up the sida the bowl"

I really liked this poem! As I'm sure you have read from about every other girls' blogs -I just got a phone call from Juliana Schott saying she talked about the same thing- but when I read this poem, the first thought that came to my mind was how much it was like Princess and the Frog. First, let me just say how much I love that movie. If you haven't seen it and you are opposed to Disney movies (which is a serious character flaw) you should put all of that aside and watch and enjoy the greatness of the movie. Back to literature. The speaker's diction was a little hard to read at first. But it is also very easy to tell exactly what type of person this is based on stereotypes. The thick accent that I heard in my head while reading was very strong throughout the poem, especially when the speaker said the above quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment