Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pink Dog

When I started reading this poem, I finally thought that I understood what was going on. However, that was diminshed as I read further into the poem and realized that I had absolutely no idea what the speaker was talking about. But my initial interpretation sounds nice, so we will go with that. I belive that the dog is a symbol for the people who are looked down upon in our society. More specifically, I belive the speaker is talking about the poor. For example, when they say, "Naked, you trot across teh avenue. Oh, never have I seen a dog so bare!". This leads to me to make the connection between an actual, hariless dog and the poor and the lack of belongings. Poeple in today's society tend to stray away from the poor. As ashamed as I am to say this, when I see them on the street, I usually do my best to keep my distance. This is demonstrated when they say, "of course they're mortally afraid of rabies". This is hinting that the poor have something that people with mone don't want to "catch". The speaker is sort of ridiculing this aspect of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment