Wednesday, September 21, 2011

next of course god america i

"in every language even deafanddumb
thy sons acclaim your glorious name by glory"
I had absolutely no idea what this poem was talking about, but you said you wanted us to blog about it. So I'm going to make a bulleted list of things that stood out to me.
  • I dislike how everything is lower case.
  • And the lack of punctuation.
  • Except for the last line... that probably has some significance
  • Is the person talking within the quotations supposed to be like, uneducated or something?
  • "jingo by gee by gosh by gum"... that's pretty weird
  • Is this person a little crazy from a war? Because that's the feeling I'm getting.
  • "heroic happy dead" = oxymoron?
  • "then shall the voice of liberty to be mute?" This did not make sense to me with the rest of the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment