Friday, July 8, 2011

Brave New World: 10

POINT OF VIEW

The narrator uses an all-knowing point of view throughout the novel. He knows everything about every character. There is not one main character, so it is very easy to hop from one lead to the other. I generally do not like this when I am reading stories. I feel as if I get more into them when they are in first person. I would have enjoyed this a lot more if he would have at least stuck with one main character throughout the entire book. However, this serves the purpose of the book best. Huxley wanted to the reader to see all sides of the story. He wanted to convey the different points of view in the twisted new society. But I feel as if because of this, it was a little hard to follow at times because I was sometimes unsure of who exactly the narrator was talking about. Overall, I do not like this book, so I will most likely disagree with the majority of the writer's choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment