Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brave New World: 4

STYLE

I think you want us to describe the effectiveness of certain literary elements within the book, but I am going to do just the opposite. Huxley's style - in my opinion - is completely ineffective. The way he jumps from topic to different topic and conversation to another simultaneous conversation is not only highly confusing, but deeply frustrating. I am having a hard enough time attempting to decipher all of his technical and scientific babble. But having speakers all over the place is extremely annoying. I think it just makes reading this story - which I already dislike - more difficult. The syntax is all jumbled. I've had to look up countless words in the dictionary. And the overall tone to me is just depressing. I really hope this book gets better.

1 comment:

  1. remember that each entry needs to have a cited excerpt from which it's based.

    ReplyDelete