Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 13

DEFERRALS?

"...if you were a boy and a girl, and you were in love with each other, really, properly in love, and if you could show it, then the people who run Hailsham, they sorted it out for you. They sorted it out so you could have a few years together before you began your donations." p. 153

Can I start by saying that I really dislike Chrissie and Rodney? Mainly because of the way they corrupted -in a way- Ruth. However, Chrissie has finally gotten me interested with what she has to say. I would never have expected this sort of thing to happen in the book. Props, again, Mr. Ishiguro. Is this sort of thing even real? Can people really go and get deferrals because they are in love? If so, I have a feeling Tommy and Ruth will go and get one and Kathy will be left alone. I really do feel bad for Kathy because I thought her and Tommy had something going. But Ruth just can't seem to give her a chance. It's always sad reading about someone who is constantly on the outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment