Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 2

FLASHBACK

"I can remember us back in the Juniors, pleading with guardians to hold the next lesson in the pavilion instead of the usual room." p. 6

Throughout the novel it seems, that almost everything written is a flashback. As I said with the first person point of view, I really like this. This is also just like every story that anyone tells. However, at times it can be rather difficult to follow. The author really knows how to tell a story, though. Kathy seems just like a character that I would be friends with. So it makes it very easy to follow along with all of the flashbacks. It serves as useful because most of the flashbacks are in chronological order. Also, they are told in a such a way that we hear them from a more well-rounded adult Kathy instead of the young Kathy during the flashback. She is able to recall most of her emotions and a pretty good amount of what was happening at the time. This is good because we, as readers, get the point of view from someone who has had time to think about all of these things and get a more rounder and complete understanding. ( I realize that made little sense even to me, but I'm unsure how to word it :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment