Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 15

TURNING POINT

"But the atmosphere never quite righted itself, and when we said our goodnights in front of the Black Barn, we parted without our usual little touches on the arms and shoulders." p. 202

This is perhaps one of the most important parts in the story. It is a turning point because we saw this relationship between Ruth and Kathy grow from the beginning. Even though I don't really like Ruth at the moment, I still think this is pretty sad for Kathy. She is leaving everything: everyone she knows, everything she understands, all of it. This is also fairly sad because she is also leaving Tommy. I really thought that they were going to be together. Even if she hurt Tommy because of making fun of his drawings, I still don't think that's anything to end a relationship over. However, I am very interested to see where this is going seeing as there is still a fair amount of book left. Also, I'm excited to find out just what a carer is. I know it was mentioned at the beginning and has been talked about a few times throughout the book, but I'm still unsure about exactly what they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment