Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 8

IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?

"If you can't find someone with whom you truly wish to share this experience, then don't!" p. 98

I don't really understand the point behind all of this sex. It kind of goes against everything I believe in. It also reminds me quite a bit of Brave New World. This chapter was pretty much all about sex and how the students were encouraged to take part in it whenever they wanted. This was all deemed alright because they could not get pregnant. However, I do see some point in this. Ishiguro wanted to make them seem like normal teenagers. I get that. But still, I think it is kind of unnecessary to the story thus far. Nevertheless, I could be proved wrong later in the story, but I'm kind of hoping I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment