Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 3

BFFs

"There was a kind of conversation that could only happen when you were hidden way in the pavilion; we might discuss something that was worrying us, or we might end up screaming with laughter, or in a furious row. Mostly, it was a way to unwind for a while with your closest friends." p. 7

I really liked reading this part of the story. Kathy and her friends remind me of my friends and myself. The way they go about things and talk to each other is very similar to my group. This quote connected to me the most because this is literally how my conversations work. I was just talking about this not two hours ago. Girls have a way of talking that can only truly happen behind closed doors. And the spectrum of things we talk about is just as wide as what the author wrote. The pavilion Kathy is talking about can take many forms in my life. It can be a restaurant, a backyard, and my best friends' rooms. But I definitely understand why this one pavilion was such a special place for Kathy and her friends to talk and unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment