Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 5

BOOK TITLE

"What made the tape so special for me was this one particular song: track number three, 'Never Let Me Go."' p. 70

I was beginning to wonder when the title was going to crop up. This part of the novel was especially heart warming. Haven't we all had a song from when we were little that we did not quite know the meaning to? I sure have my fair share of them. And still to this day, those songs mean a lot to me. I think it is really cool how Kathy has found something from the outside world that sets her apart from everyone else at Hailsham. But probably the most moving part of this was when Madame sobbed when she saw Kathy holding her fake baby and swaying to the music. It makes me wonder why Madame was crying when she saw her. Maybe because they cannot have babies? We will (hopefully) find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment