Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 14

STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS

"I was still feeling a pang of regret that we'd found it so quickly, and it was only later, when we were back in the Cottages and I was alone in my room, that I really appreciated having the tape -and that song- back again." p. 173

KATHY AND TOMMY! I knew there was something between them. :) This is perhaps the first time where I have been excited for the two of them. Especially with Ruth being such a jerk right now, I definitly want Tommy and Kathy to end up together. (Can I be anymore like a girl right now?) Something more is going to happen, I know it. Anyways, I'm going to talk again about how much I love Ishiguro's writing style. I've been saying over and over how much I love the way it's like I'm listening to one of my friends tell a story to me. This whole stream of consciousness definitely fits in with that. Throughout this whole book, we are really in Kathy's mind. It allows me as a reader to really connect with the character, not just read about someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment