Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go: 17

RUTH SAY WHAT?

"...I realized why I was so bothered by what happened in the car. It wasn't simply that we'd ganged up on Ruth: it was the way she'd just taken it. In the old days, it was inconceivable she'd have let something like that happen without striking back." p. 223

They're baaaaaaack. I was greatly pleased to see that the three of them were together again. I am now convinced again that something will happen between Tommy and Kathy. But this quote probably shocked me most about this chapter. Ruth is acting like a normal person? What? I think Ruth did a little bit of growing up herself. It could be the fact that she had time alone, or the fact that she became a carer then a donor. But, I feel as if I actually -gulp- like Ruth. From the beginning, as you can probably tell by now, Ruth's character has irked me quite a bit. It could be because I know too many people like her that I really connect with Kathy. However, Ruth has done a complete turn around and actually likeable. Even more so because she is trying to put Tommy and Kathy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment